The ramshackle blue building had become a Route 66 eyesore. The former Sinclair Station had seen better days. In stepped artist Merry Cloer and her husband Adam to create a “hands-on” artistic renovation.
The article in the Cuba Free Press ” Route 66 art gallery and studio spirals into being” tells the story behind this new part of Route 66 history.
1. How did Cloer and her husband meet?
2. Why did they decide to tackle this project?
3. How have they incorporated history into their plans?
4. What are their plans going forward?
5. Can you get your artwork a place in the gallery?
Read the article and stop by this latest addition to Route 66 history in Cuba to see what can be done with vision and handwork.
Here are a few interior photos: