It is a cliché that you can’t find anything to do in a small town Well, forget that noise. Come to Cuba on September 24-25 for a plethora of activities and attractions. If you come by the Big Road (I-44), there is a well-appointed Visitor Center at Exit 208 across from Country Kitchen where you can stop for directions and info. If you come by Route 66, keep going until you see signs.
Here’s what you can look forward to on September 24-25…
Starting on Saturday, the 24th
1. Lions Club Car Show in the Uptown Historic District on Route 66:
*Trucks, motorcycles, cars galore.
*Vendors, BBQ, and more.
*In the middle of the “Route 66 Mural City’s” Mural district-Grab a mural brochure from the mailbox on the Bank Annex building
2. Route 66 Outpost General Store and Archery Center(4 miles west of Cuba):
*See the Guinness World’s Largest Rocking Chair and Outpost Mural
The Rocker was on the first page of the St. Louis Post Travel section last weekend
*Shop the unique inventory at the store.
*On Saturday, the Archery Center at the Outpost is having its annual Iron Buck Archery Tournament
*Outpost Customer Appreciation Day on Saturday
3. Crawford County Historical Society Museum & Veterans Memorial
*Located on Smith Street at Recklein Commons (There is a sign on Route 66)
*Check the website for the museum’s hours
4. Spirals Gallery on Route 66 across from the Cuba Free Press building opens October 15 but…
*If you are of an artistic nature, stop in on September 24 to discuss putting some consignment items in the gallery. Saturday 9:00-Noon.
5. Belmont Vineyards and Winery on Route 66 (about 2 1’2 miles east of the Wagon Wheel Motel)
*Terry Beck Performing at 1:00 on Saturday.
*Tasting room for their award winning wines , covered porch, and pavilion
*Good views, appetizers, & friendly people
*You can also take your own snacks to eat
*Beer, wine, and soft drinks for purchase
6. Stop in at Connie’s Shoppe at the Wagon Wheel Motel, the oldest motel on Route 66 and a Historic Landmark.
*Stop by and get take some photos of this Route 66 icon
*If you think you might want to stay over night, you better book now.
And if you do stay overnight, on the 25…
7. Holy Cross Church is having their Parish Picnic & Dinner on Sunday the 25th. Good food and family fun. The museum also has Sunday hours. View the 1000 names on the Veterans Memorial to pay respect to those from the Cuba area that served our country.
*Located at Recklein Commons at School and Smith Streets
*Country store, basket raffle, games, beer garden, bingo
On September 24-25 cruise into Cuba, Missouri, “Route 66 Mural City” for big times in a small town. . Bring your camera.
If you have more time, you might want to check out some of these attractions: “20 Things to Do in Cuba, Missouri”